HEALTH & SAFETY
As a hands-on learning company that caters to children and families, ESTEAM Learning Labs is committed to keeping our equipment and space clean and safe. Below, you’ll find detailed information about our cleaning procedures, as well as suggestions for how you can help us keep our mobile events, camps and classes clean, safe, and healthy environment.
ESTEAM Learning Lab’s response to COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus)
As of April 22 at 11:59pm, face coverings will no longer required by City Ordinance.
As a parent, you and your child(ren) will have the choice to wear a face-covering or not. Again, be respectful of individuals as they make choices to wear or not wear a face covering.
Echoing the Executive Director’s words:
“As an educational organization, I would ask everyone to protect themselves to the level they see fit. If you can maintain social distancing please do so. Interact with caution and respect others.”
We will continue our sanitization practices before and after classes and self-screening.
Sanitization: All surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day. Hand sanitizer will be provided and we ask that you continue healthy hand hygiene throughout the timeframe of your class.
Self-Screening: we ask that you or your child(ren) stay home if they are feeling any signs of any communicable disease. Symptoms may include:
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Cough (new onset or worsening)
- Sore/Scratchy Throat
- New Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle Pain
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Gastrointestinal distress/Upset Stomach
- Swelling of toes/lower extremities
- Chest Tightness or pain
- Swollen Lymph nodes or glands
- Abdominal Pain
Some locations that we provide camps at may have strict protocols that you/your instructor will practice during your program. Here is a list of locations and protocols, we will continue to update as needed.
ESTEAM Academy: See Above
City of Round Rock (Baca Center) Read More HERE
JCC Austin: Read More HERE
RRisd: Read More HERE
Georgetown Rec Center: Read More HERE
summer camp procedures
Here are the guidelines that we are implementing to keep our staff and our families safe this summer.
For the health and safety of all our participants, we ask that any child or adult with elevated temperature or illness that may be contagious (such as pink eye, a cold, or the flu) not visit any ESTEAM Learning Labs Event, Camps, or Classes until they are fully recovered.
Be proactive! Take simple steps to protect your family.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently. It takes 15-20 seconds to get them clean enough.
- Avoid touching a person who is obviously sick.
- Avoid touching your own eyes and face (viruses can transmit from our hands into our bodies).
- Please cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. Remember to cough and sneeze into your elbow (the “vampire sneeze“) or into a tissue, not into your hand.
Deep cleaning takes place of our equipment in between classes, camps, and events. We do our best to clean and sanitized all items.
Ready to have fun?